Re: fedpkg sources - downloading unused source files: opt-in/opt-out

A ter, 10-05-2022 às 10:22 +0200, Vít Ondruch escreveu:
> Ok, now I see commits such as:
>
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ffmpeg/c/70ecae14df6b89cbd269778fc6808eb6e51e141e?branch=rawhide
>
> which is awful that we need something like this. But @Neal, wouldn't
> it
> be better if your `ffmpeg_gen_free_tarball.sh` simply updated the
> hashes
> in `sources` file? The `fedpkg new-sources --offline` could help with
> that I guess.

+1

@Neal I think you can solve your problem with:
fedpkg new-sources --offline ffmpeg-free-5.0.1.tar.xz

--offline is yet another feature, but what is asking here is the
opposite, is the old behavior, `fedpkg srpm` download all sources in
sources files, even if they aren't use anymore, which I don't see in
what can be useful .

Best regards

--
Sérgio M. B.