Re: verifying signature for a package

Thanks for the detailed explanation—which I didn’t have time to supply myself, but fully agree with—and the good advice to re-use the xfontsel keychain file.

It’s even better when the key can come from a source with some nonzero (if imperfect) level of trust, like upstream’s HTTPS server, or an email or IRC conversation where you have good reason to believe you are corresponding with the upstream developer(s). In reality, TOFU via the keyserver network is often the best we can reasonably do.