Re: Would it be useful to have a video call to discuss the "Deprecate Legacy BIOS" Change proposal?

Matthew Miller wrote:
> We've got a 300+ message thread in just one week, with 66 different
> participants. This handily beats discussions systemd-resolved,
> btrfs-by-default, and even switching the default editor to nano.
>
> Clearly there's a lot to talk about here. Would it be useful to have a
> high-bandwidth, moderated conversation via video call about the best path
> forward?

No. The consensus in the mailing list is pretty clear, so I do not see why
we should move the discussion to another medium…

> (Because of the number of likely participants, Jitsi probably won't cut
> it, so this would likely be via Bluejeans.)

… and a proprietary one at that!

Unless somebody is not happy with the outcome of the discussion on the
mailing list (which is that dropping BIOS support at this time is clearly
not acceptable) and hopes to get another outcome on another medium.

        Kevin Kofler