Re: F37 Change: Deprecate Legacy BIOS (System-Wide Change proposal)

On 4/8/22 08:46, Jared Dominguez wrote:
On Thu, Apr 7, 2022, 19:46 Samuel Sieb <samuel@xxxxxxxx <mailto:samuel@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:
    This is not comparable to the 32-bit removal where it
    was only a few really old systems.  This is going to affect decent
    systems that are less than 10 years old.  I have a work HP laptop from
    2012 that has "experimental" EFI support that really doesn't work well
    and possibly a newer one as well, but I can't check it right now.

I'm curious if you've updated your BIOS on that system. If it's really that bad, Microsoft (and HP customers) would have been on HP's case about fixing a bad user experience.

It was never intended to run as a UEFI system. The support is clearly marked as "experimental" in the BIOS settings. (And yes, I updated the BIOS.) That was my point. This is not an old, outdated system, but it doesn't have real UEFI support.