Re: Package downgrades on upgrade from F35 to F36 + categorized list

On Thu, 2022-03-24 at 18:52 +0100, Ralf Corsépius wrote:

> > If it was the latter, I couldn't find it in your message. Sorry.
> It's actually quite simple: There are dozens if not hundreds of unpushed
> updates pending due to the release freeze, which will be released at the
> very moment the freeze will be lifted.

This is a statement of a well-known fact, which you have stated before.
It doesn't seem to have any purpose.

> The consequences are:
> - You guys are testing outdated stuff

This is, on the whole, not true, because the updates-testing repository
is enabled by default. Most people using F36 are not testing outdated
stuff, they are testing current stuff.

> - After fedora goes gold, all these packages will be updated.

This is, again, an apparently purposeless statement of fact. In
particular, as Fabio explained, it is irrelevant to this thread,
because he runs his check with updates-testing enabled.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA