Re: CPU does not support x86-64-v2?

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 5:42 PM Ron Olson <tachoknight@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I guess there was some CPU requirement change that I didn’t catch;

https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2021/01/05/building-red-hat-enterprise-linux-9-for-the-x86-64-v2-microarchitecture-level

discussed the issue(s), and the x86_64 v2 requirement
was implemented.

> is this going to make creating Fedora-based VMs difficult going forward?

I suppose you could run a v2 system fully emulated,
but that is not going to work especially well :(

> I don’t have the money to upgrade my equipment. :(

A not uncommon issue for individuals.

If your package(s) otherwise meet the Fedora
licensing requirements, you can build them in
Fedora Copr for test purposes, and of course
if they are targeting EPEL9 you can run Koji
scratch builds with your SRPM.  All less easy
than a local mock build (and they use others
resources), but they are options.