Re: Do we have any policy for disabling inactive users

Hello,
I don't mean to jump in the midle here, and I am just tossing out an
idea for consideration that doesn't address security issues pointed out
really, but does discuss the non-responsive main maintainer.
I note there is a difficulty in defining the criteria for determining
when an (apparently) inactive packager should be removed from the
packager group. Perhaps a different POV is required. What is the
problem trying to be solved? Removal of inactive packagers? Or the
demotion of said packager in favour for the one(s) who are supporting
the package to be promoted to main. Perhaps the automation should do
just that, demote primary packager (from owner to co-maintainer) if
inactive for over a year and promote the main supporter for the year to
be the owner from co-maintainer. Doesn’t something like that satisfy
the inactivity requirement and also prevent alienating some packagers?
Just bike shedding here.

Stephen