Re: Self introduction: glaring gibbon

Hello and welcome!

You have a lot of interests. Very nice.

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/package-maintainers/How_to_Get_Sponsored_into_the_Packager_Group/#become_a_co_maintainer

I saw that you have referred to this ^^ URL on other places, but I think you might find more interesting the URL bellow:

https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/package-maintainers/Joining_the_Package_Maintainers/

Dne 14. 02. 22 v 13:51 glaring gibbon napsal(a):

Packaging;

If there's something you'd like packaged but haven't got the time for, and it falls within the interests above, then let me know. I'd like the practice.

It seems you are (neo)vim user and I have been asked previously to package "vim-surround" which I have not cycles for. But I think this is nice little VIM plugin and it could be easy package to start with.

Documentation;

Seems that's also a good place to start.

I applaud this.

That's right in my wheelhouse. As long as it's in English. And falls within the interests above, obviously.

I did notice some discrepancies following the Package Maintainers docs when I was setting up GPG. The menu options in Seahorse weren't as described. There doesn't appear to be much help if you can't connect to a key server. Which I couldn't. I think I've found a work around and I'd appreciate it if someone would verify that's all done properly as I have no experience with GPG. Thanks in advance.

Please open an PR on the appropriate place and share with us.

Vít