Re: OpenVPN 2.x with kernel acceleration

On 04/02/2022 15:53, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
On 04/02/2022 11:03, David Sommerseth wrote:
We plan to release OpenVPN 2.6 later this year, which will be DCO
capable.  This will be available in the existing Fedora repositories, as
well as Fedora Copr for releases (like EPEL 7 and 8) where we cannot
upgrade easily.

You should submit your Linux kernel patches upstream by this date, as
Fedora doesn't allow packaging of kernel modules.
We are going to do that. But we want more broader *testing* to iron out bugs and annoying issues first.

We know that the module works pretty well in our own environments (I'm using it on a daily basis with OpenVPN 3 Linux on the client side, running on RHEL-8.5). But there are always some corner cases we might have overlooked which should be fixed first.

Once we have performed more testing and gotten more feedback from users, we will off course start the job of getting the ovpn-dco module into an upstream kernel. That is the main goal for us. But we take it step by step, to avoid wasting too much of kernel maintainers time on nonsense issues.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth