Re: The great Mailman 3 / Hyperkitty upgrade: bumping flufl-lock and mistune?

> On Sun, 26 Dec 2021 at 23:32, Reon Beon via devel <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Update?
> https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8455
>

> I am going to be overly blunt here. Messages like this do NOT help.
> 1. Most of the people who are paid to work on this are on break for 1/2 of December and some are taking off parts of January too. They are also NOT paid to only work on this, but mainly to help volunteers cover parts that volunteers run out of time to do. If there are no volunteers then those people paid are filling out many other jobs. In the many places Fedora has volunteers, the months of November, December, January, February are usually a lot of family time activities with various New Year and Soltice and other regional holidays.
> 2. Messages without extra contact sound like a Boss demanding status updates because they don't feel like they are getting enough work out of people. It instead demotivates the people working on it (whther they are a volunteer or a paid person) and makes them less inclined to a) give an update or b) actually finish the project.
> 3. This is a major project.
> a) There are multiple python packages which need to be make into rpms which no one has done. These are packages which need dedicated volunteers on them to keep them up to date and working. This is about a month or 2 of work because packagers aren't a free resource.
> b) Once those packages are built, then a staging instance needs to be deployed and the current databases imported into this. This is going to be a tricky problem and there will be multiple imports and blow away and redeploy because very few Databases travel well without some manual intervention. Once those those tricks are figured out..
> c) you take down the live deployment and roll out the new deployment. You work out all the bugs and go live.

Thank you Stephen for stating what should have been said earlier. Messages as those in the thread above help me to adjust email filters.

Personally, I am not paid for working on Django. This is my free time with the family, and I am rarely checking emails. Threads like this one reminds me not to bother with such issues when I’m off.

If anyone wants to see more progress, then please contribute! If you don’t, just shut up; you don’t have any right to request anything from volunteers.

Thank you.
Matthias