Re: F36 Change: Make Authselect Mandatory (System-Wide Change proposal)

On 10/12/21 7:12 PM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

This change is well-considered and includes detailed reasoning to support it. Looks good to me.

I think the change proposal should be renamed, though, since authselect would clearly not *actually* be mandatory. Of course you'll risk severe breakage if you turn it off and edit these low-level configurations directly, but that is really no different than it was before.

Do you have any proposals on the name?

To me, this change means that if you don't use authselect, you are basically on your own and I'd like to stress this as much as possible.

But yes, it is still possible to opt-out. However, the package maintainers won't (should not) care about non-authselect configuration anymore.