Re: F35 3x slower boot than F34

On Sun, 5 Sept 2021 at 07:12, Peter Boy <pboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Am 05.09.2021 um 09:32 schrieb Samuel Sieb <samuel@xxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > On 2021-09-05 12:19 a.m., Peter Boy wrote:
> >> Much to my chagrin, you describe the biggest problem in Fedora for years and the one why Fedora is falling further and further behind among distributions. The problem overshadows all that many positive features that otherwise distinguish Fedora.
> >
> > How is Fedora falling behind?
>
> I watch Distrowatch in an occasional way. It is certainly not the most reliable indicator, unquestioningly. But is is one among others. Currently Fedora ranks 10th, one place ahead of Suse, a distro that has long been considered nearly "dead" and has suffered greatly under Novell. And if you look at sites like stackexchange or serverfault, it's very rarely about Fedora.

Distrowatch allows whoever has the current bot army to be the number
one distro. The number one distro is usually a flash in the pan which
lasts until the core developers burn out from the amount of work of
trying to keep up with Debian or Fedora. (Or as soon as it drops from
number 1, finding that all the people who were 'helping' have moved to
the new number one.) The fact that CentOS/Rocky/Alma/etc has 1000x the
deployment size as Fedora but has 1/10th the votes 10x lower on the
counts says that it is really not a useful counter on what is really
popular. [And the fact that count numbers on distrowatch per distro
are much smaller than 10 years ago says that distribution building is
like email. There was a time when it was something everyone assumed
was the thing, but turned into a popular thing for people of a certain
'generation'. Now we are in a place where the current generations see
distros as something their 'dad' did versus something they are
interested in similar percentages as 20 years ago.]

The same goes about arguing about selinux. Most of this thread is
litigating things from 20 years ago versus now.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Flame wars in