Re: New RPM submission (dovecot-fts-xapian)

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 11:31:32 +0200, Vitaly Zaitsev via devel wrote:
> On 21/08/2021 10:57, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > So, if we can do anything to make it easier for developers to just
> > maintain their one or two tools for the Fedora community, that'll be
> > good.
>
> And we will get a lot of low-quality packages with bundled a lot of
> libraries, ignoring Fedora build flags, guidelines, etc. Look at Flathub for
> example.

An example of what, though? Flathub's
system/pipeline/foundations/community is very different from ours. So
using it as an example to project what may happen in Fedora in the
future if these negative assumptions about prospective maintainers came
true is a bit of a leap for me. :)

Bundling has not been forbidden in Fedora for a while, and I haven't
noticed package maintainers bundling bits everywhere now as a result. If
that does become a problem, I'm sure we'll deal with it and evolve our
guidelines accordingly.

Anyway, in this particular case, I'm happy to sponsor Joan. All our work
in Fedora is done in the open, so if anyone does have any concerns, they
can inform me---as they'd do with any of the folks I (we) sponsor.

--
Thanks,
Regards,