Re: New RPM submission

Il 03/07/21 16:58, Joan Moreau via devel ha scritto:

> Thanks to you and @eclipseo
>
> This has already been a full nightmare to create the SRPM file, and
> now it seems that I again need to an additional nightmare to "prove
> myself"
>
> The package is already in Deb and archlinux (*). Isn't it enough to
> push it to Fedora ?
>
> Thanks
>

> (*)
>
> https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/dovecot-fts-xapian
> <https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/dovecot-fts-xapian>
>
> https://archlinux.org/packages/?q=dovecot-fts-xapian
> <https://archlinux.org/packages/?q=dovecot-fts-xapian>

The SRPM file may be fine, but the packager may not.

What we are trying to make you understand is that to be admitted as
Fedora packager you must prove your reliability.

Posting comments such as:
"I don't really plan to 'show my worth' but just willing to maintain
this small and usefull package"
or refusing to read and follow guidelines, keeping posting complaints
here don't really make a good impression.

Mattia