Re: Guile & Fesco requiring package maintenance work

On Wed, Jul 07, 2021 at 09:58:56PM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FESCo_meeting_process
> >
> > "Make sure to check with and invite stakeholders who may not be CC'd in
> > the issue. Consider deferring issue if stakeholders have not had
> > adequate notice and are not available for discussion."
> >
> > Perhaps it should be more explicit in how to "check with and invite"?
>
> Not sure about that cc:-on-the-issue condition.  There appears to be no
> systematic notification *in the issue* that the topic is on the next
> agenda, so people on the cc: list are not automatically invited.
> There's also no notification in the wiki Change page, so those watching
> that don't know either.  Can this get fixed?  Those two bits of extra
> process might be enough to ensure that change proponents feel invited.

I meant to bring this up at todays meeting, but forgot. ;(

I think it is a good idea to change the meeting process to add a comment
that the issue will be discussed at the next meeting as part of putting
together the agenda. I suppose we could make a null commit to the wiki
page about it, but I am less convinced thats useful. Wiki watches are
pretty useless because they only tell you about the very next commit and
then go away. :(

I'm out next week, but I filed https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2646 to
amend the process.

kevin