Re: RFC: Banning bots from submitting automated koji builds

On Fri, 2021-06-25 at 15:42 -0400, Daniel Walsh wrote:

> And sometimes this breakage is caused by other parts of the system. For
> example a kernel update caused breakage in Podman when it suddenly
> enabled overlay mounts, which no one had tried.  We quickly fixed the
> container-selinux package to handle it, and got the fixes in F33 and F34
> before the kernel showed up.
>
> If we remove Podman updates from Rawhide other then when we prepare for
> release. Their will be errors that do not get caught early.
>
> Forcing us to treat Rawhide like we do F34 makes Rawhide less
> interesting to the container effort.

I don't believe anyone suggested anything of the sort, though. The
initial post in this thread proposed banning automated builds. The
discussion has touched on the problems of automated dumps of random git
snapshots with no manual involvement and the lack of any kind of
attention to Bodhi comments. The actual issues raised in the thread can
all be addressed without "treat[ing] Rawhide like we do F34".
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA