Re: x86_64-v2 in Fedora

  Hi,

> The problems with this is that we are taking a fairly fuzzy data set
> and making it much easier to track individual users in ways seen as
> problematic by various laws and regulations.

Well, depends on how you store the data.  You can store one record per
machine (with all properties in there), or you can store one record per
property per machine.

With the latter you basically kill query on subgroups (like "how many
x86_64-v3 machines use UEFI?") because that grouping information is gone
if you store each end every little piece of information in its own
record.  But it'll also much harder to do fingerprinting on such a data
base ...

Standard disclaimer: IANAL.

take care,
  Gerd