Re: Fedora CoreOS stable stream now rebased to Fedora 34

On 5/20/21 12:13 PM, Ron Olson wrote:
> If I may, I think the issue is right there in the name: Fedora CoreOS. The Fedora name brings some expectations and it seems CoreOS, by its nature, can’t be at parity with the other Fedora flavors and that leads to confusion. I can attest that I was surprised when I learned Fedora CoreOS didn’t support cgroups v2 and that confused me; it’s Fedora, of course it would have the latest-n-greatest.

One clarification here.. It does support cgroups v2, it's just not enabled by default. It's just a kernel parameter.

Specifically for cgroups v2, the default is changing here in the next month. So FCOS will default to cgroups v2.
We're trying to make sure users have a good experience. Docker users are a big part of that. Changing the default
before Docker supported cgroups v2 was really not an option for us at the time.