Re: PA module support in PipeWire

Neal Gompa wrote:
> What are you talking about? I seem to be able to select devices and
> such. The only thing I don't seem to be able to do is do "advanced
> audio settings" which is grayed out and says it requires the
> PulseAudio gsettings module.

It turns out that the relevant settings have already been hidden by the
Plasma developers a couple years ago, by removing them from System Settings:
https://phabricator.kde.org/D22616
and moving them to the standalone phononsettings executable:
https://invent.kde.org/libraries/phonon/-/commits/master/settings
which is now installed by phonon-qt5 (but has no menu entry, in violation of
the packaging guidelines).

So run:
phononsettings
(which should still be installed by default by the Spin, it's in the main
phonon-qt5 package after all) to see what I mean.

But it looks like this is already broken with PulseAudio, I get only:
PulseAudio Sound Server
as the only device there. That is what happens when you hide things, nobody
tests them anymore. Sigh… :-(

        Kevin Kofler