Re: PA module support in PipeWire

> Well, if the modules can work with PipeWire's PulseAudio replacement, then
> they ought to be in a subpackage of pulseaudio, yes. (But are they
> binary-compatible or do they actually need to be rebuilt against
> pipewire-pulseaudio?)
>
>         Kevin Kofler

I suppose I should have looked a bit more into this before opening this thread, but oh well, no use crying over spilled milk. I looked into how PW replicates PA's module loading... and turns out it doesn't ( https://github.com/PipeWire/pipewire/blob/master/src/modules/module-protocol-pulse/module.c#L146 ). It simply uses an strcmp to check for a single module, which it then replicates.

However, I'm genuinely weirded out by this because I have been successfully able to load and use the previously mentioned echo cancel module on both Debian and Arch and looking into their package source, nothing seems to be that functionally different from Fedora's. I fear this means the issue falls way outside the jurisdiction of the project, because even if the modules were decoupled, one would still have no way of loading them, so I guess I'll really just swallow the pill and go back to PA. Nonetheless, if someone feels very adventurous and has a better grasp on things than me, I'd love to understand what do those packages have that this doesn't, because perhaps then whatever this is could be incorporated in this package too.

Lóránt