Re: PA module support in PipeWire

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:16 AM Kevin Kofler via devel
<devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lóránt Perger wrote:
> > I suppose I should have looked a bit more into this before opening this
> > thread, but oh well, no use crying over spilled milk. I looked into how PW
> > replicates PA's module loading... and turns out it doesn't (
> > https://github.com/PipeWire/pipewire/blob/master/src/modules/module-protocol-pulse/module.c#L146
> > ). It simply uses an strcmp to check for a single module, which it then
> > replicates.
>
> I also see that the device manager extension is not supported:
> https://github.com/PipeWire/pipewire/blob/master/src/modules/module-protocol-pulse/extension.c#L44
> so configuring output and input devices in the Phonon KCM (in KDE/Plasma
> System Settings) is not going to work with PipeWire.

What are you talking about? I seem to be able to select devices and
such. The only thing I don't seem to be able to do is do "advanced
audio settings" which is grayed out and says it requires the
PulseAudio gsettings module. If there's additional functionality
missing, please file an issue at
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/issues.