Re: Stale provenpackagers to be removed from group

On 11. 02. 21 13:29, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 09:22:54PM +0900, Mamoru TASAKA wrote:
Ben Cotton wrote on 2021/02/11 0:44:
In accordance with the new FESCo policy[1] the following
provenpackagers will be submitted for removal in two weeks based on a
lack of builds submitted in the last six months. If you received this
directly, you can reply off-list to indicate you believe you should
still have provenpackager status.

This is the first time we have done a regular audit of the
provenpackagers group, so please be patient with any hiccups in the
process. This will be done regularly at the branch point in each
release.

[1] https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/2549

Checked 252 provenpackagers
The following 117 provenpackagers have not submitted a Koji build
since at least 2020-08-05 00:00:00:

A question from me as a worrier:

How will become the status of provenpackagers whose sponsor (as
provenpackager role) is one of the persons listed here to be removed?
Just the sponsor of such person will be changed to NONE?

I hope it will not change. Though this matters mostly for historical
reasons: I think the old idea of sponsors being forever responsible for
their sponsorees is very far from current practice. Once the sponsorship
happens, the sponsor doesn't matter much anymore.

For "packagers" people have individual sponsors.

However for "provenpackagers" the sponsor is basically a person who processed the ticket, i.e.:

      1 bpepple
      2 churchyard
     53 jstanley
      1 jwboyer
     90 kevin
     32 notting
      1 toshio
     72 NONE

I don't think "whoever sponsored a provenpackager into the provenpackager group" bears any useful information.

--
Miro Hrončok