Re: Proposal to deprecated `fedpkg local`

Thx everybody for their responses and sorry for such controversial topic. I am not going to propose this upstream after all. However I have few takeaways:

1) I see responses of Fedora long timers and I understand that you have polished workflows. But I really think that for newcomers, mock should be the preferred way. I'd love to see documentation adjusted to prefer mock everywhere.

2) I would really love you to stop using VMs for your build/testing. With exception of Kernel and Kernel related issues, the argument of "mock being slow" can't stand. Every VM will be more resources hungry then mock, slowing every your task.

3) The argument of mock being slow can't stand, because in one of my examples I posted elsewhere in this thread, I picked up the simplest package I could and the build took 7 seconds. This is certainly not slow, in this time you can't even switch to your email client to check your emails.

Vít