Re: What is the most time consuming task for you as packager?

Dne 17. 12. 20 v 21:17 Kevin Fenzi napsal(a):
On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 03:26:47PM +0100, Vít Ondruch wrote:
Sadly we do not have the amount of disk space needed for that. Koschei
fills up our koji partition regularly. The partition has a 100TB HARD
limit and between koschei, ELN and regular update rebuilds we bounce off
it multiple times a release. Then when we try to garbage collect all
those we regularly end up with koji outages.. which then pile up a whole
bunch of new ones which have to be garbage collected.

For longer koschei builds we would need to do this in a different
resources than what we have.

I understand, but if the garbage collection initially removed everything
except logs, that would help tremendously.
Huh. It's supposed to be working this way now.

Ah, I was not aware of this (because I typically don't care about the build artifacts except logs), so thx for clarification.

After 1 day the rpms are removed.
After 7 days the logs are removed.

Non koschei scratch builds (both logs and rpms) are kept for 14 days.

Would keeping the logs for 14 days help?

That would be definitely appreciated.

The issues is the Koschei does not build every package all the time. There might be bigger time span between two subsequent Koschei builds. Therefore once there is new build failure, the old logs might be gone already. This of course makes harder to compare root.logs to see what have changed in buildroot (I know the Koschei lists package changes, but there are unfortunately not reliable).

Vít

Or is it not somehow doing that?

kevin