Re: Fedora 34 Change: GitRepos-master-to-main (Self-Contained Change)

On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 04:24:26PM -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Perhaps this is heresy, but we could stop calling our main development
> > stream "rawhide", and instead call it "main", then it will be trivially
> > aligned with the "main" git branch name :-)
>
> But fedoras aren't made of sheets of main, they're made from sheets of
> rawhide...

I'd venture there's a significant percentage of users and developers that
aren't aware that a Fedora is hat. Not everyone is a native English speaker.

I certainly knew about Fedora-the-distro for years before some off-hand
comment made me realise that it's a type of hat. And the only reference to
rawhide I've ever known before working on Fedora was the Blues Brothers
song.

On a global scale, a lot of these puns are meaningless since they're too
tied to the local culture (well, almost always the US one).

Cheers,
   Peter