Re: Fedora 34 Change: GitRepos-master-to-main (Self-Contained Change)

Fabio Valentini wrote:
> Is there a reason why "main" is proposed instead of "rawhide" on src.fp.o?
> For all non-dist-git repositories I am fine with "main", but if we are
> changing this anyway, "rawhide" would actually make more sense for
> dist-git repos.
> This would make the branch name actually match the "releasever".

+1 for "rawhide" as the branch name.

I have always seen the inconsistency between "rawhide" and "master" as a
result of "master" being a default name in git. If we are going to change it
anyway, we should change it to the real name ("rawhide"), and not to a third
(!) name for the same thing ("main").

I also agree that for the non-dist-git repositories, "main" is fine. I
initially (when this discussion started a few months ago) found it pretty
surprising that "master" is seen as an issue in this context considering
that there is no "slave" branch, but since the consensus in the community
appears to be that it is indeed an issue, using a name like "main" that
hopefully does not offend anyone makes sense. But dist-git should change to
"rawhide" rather than "main".

        Kevin Kofler