Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2020-11-11)

On 20.11.2020 13:58, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
We have a lot of packages who are only maintained in the sense that it was orphaned and someone realized that some other package needed it. Yes there are some packages which have not had an update because the upstream feels the package is done.. we have other code that is slow updating.. and a lot of other excuses of 'not all packages' when this topic gets brought up. However start saying 'ok let's count how many are like that' and people skitter off fast.

If the "lightly-maintained packages" will be allowed, more and more packagers will ditch their header-only libraries and move into this repo. This is not good, because many people use them not only for building packages, but also for the development.

I maintain a lot of such header-only packages.

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vitaly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)