Re: Summary/Minutes from today's FESCo Meeting (2020-11-11)

* Matthew Miller [19/11/2020 17:13] :

> Some packagers in Fedora do not have time to maintain the build dependencies
> for the packages that they are actually interested in and have time to
> build.

I suspect that these packages are maintained only to the point where they
can build (and thus be used as buildreqs) but their maintainer also doesn't
want them to be updated without making sure that the update will not break
the package they are really interested in.

> However, I'm not stuck on that one and it's probably not useful to stay
> stuck on it if there's not enough support to do it. So, let's find a
> different solution.

What exactly do you want to do with this list of lightly-maintained packages?

Is this something you want to present to end-users?
Is this a list we should show to people tempted to become packagers?
Do we want to generate auto-replies to bugs filed in Bugzilla?
Should SIGs keep a lookout for security fixes to apply?

I suspect we'll only be able to determine the best approach if
we know what problem you're trying to solve.

Emmanuel