Re: video meeting to discuss Matrix/Element and IRC

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 05:53:29PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > I too love dinosaurs... but I also work on 4 different computers and two mobile
> > devices every day. Having to literally switch hardware to participate in IRC
> > meetings is pain in the ass for some of our contributors (myself included.)
> I also use many different computers and have no such problem, because
> I use screen + znc.  (Same in fact for email: screen + mutt)

We were just talking today in the Fedora Council virtual face-to-face about
how Fedora could really use a formalized Project Management community of
practice -- people interested, skilled, and willing to lend their time and
expertise to SIGs and other groups in Fedora who would benefit. I don't want
to gate involvement like that on people with those skills and interests also
being able to just easily set up ZNC, learn screen, etc. (including for that
matter having an always-on system where that makes sense). Sure, it's not
actually hard in an absolute sense and I trust any reasonably smart person
can figure it out, but... why make people start there when it's not even
their interest?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>