Re: git -> cvs (was: Re: Orphaned packages looking for new maintainers (see note about xinetd))

Hi,

Sérgio Basto wrote:
> Like tftp we may replace xinetd by systemd service files [1] ,
> if we replace cvs-inetd by a systemd service, the problem is solved.
>
> [1]
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/tftp/c/15a26fcde8a0078766b6bbba183d89f920e51535?branch=master

The cvs package has supported systemd for years.  There is
simply an inetd subpackage which provides support for xinetd
still.

If xinetd is left orpahaned and retired, dropping the inetd
subpackage from cvs might look something like:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/fork/tmz/rpms/cvs/c/ee901571db

I didn't file that as PR yet because it's not clear whether
xinetd will be adopted or not.

But it should be relatively easy for us (in the sense of
most any interested packager) to remove the xinetd dep from
cvs.

--
Todd