Re: qt-mobility -> qtwebkit, and qt4 removal (was Re: Heads up: proj 7.2.0 + gdal 3.2.0)

Sandro Mani wrote:
> But I'll also expand the analysis to the entire qt4 stack and see what
> comes out.

Dropping the entire Qt 4 stack is a non-starter. I am keeping the qt4
package secure with backported security fixes. I see no reason to drop it.

Qt4WebKit is a different matter, though I shall point out that:
* We already have plans to phase out Qt4WebKit, and there is a bug to track
  it.
* I do not see why we need your change page that only duplicates the tracker
  bug.
* I also do not see why you want to file that change page without first
  talking to the maintainers of the affected packages (in particular, me).
* You also unilaterally decided in your plan to retire some packages
  (kdepim4/knode, krecipes) that I maintain and for which I already have
  different plans.
* You also unilaterally decided in your plan to retire kde-workspace, which
  should not be necessary either.

        Kevin Kofler