Re: EOL and Obsoletes in Modularity

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 12:13:27PM +0100, Martin Curlej wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 3:53 PM Petr Pisar <ppisar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > What are the other means which the 3rd parties use?
> >

> Your imagination is the limit. ;) Just joking. Now seriously. For example,
> Redhat and Fedora. The information about EOL and Obsoletes will be used and
> distributed differently.

I know Fedora and RHEL. Fedora has EOL burried in PDC and nobody (with the
exception of a Rawhide compose process) uses it.

RHEL lists the EOLs on a web page
<https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/rhel8-app-streams-life-cycle>
so probably no tool uses the data.

> Also it depends to whom you serve your content. If you build modules just
> for your company and distribute it on your intranet it's different from
> a community driven opensource linux distribution.

But how do they distribute the EOL data?

You wrote that many people shared with you the datails. I'm curious how they
do that or whether they do that at all. Can you give us some examples?

-- Petr