Re: Firefox etc. default homepage

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:

Hi.

Kyrre Ness Sjobak <kyrre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is, at least to some degree, "pushed down their throat", as a user
who clicks on "web browser" expects that, and nothing more/less - not a
big manual about how the computer they happen to open the webbrowser on
ticks.

Well, if they would actually _read_ the instructions that come with
the most complex machine a normal user can buy on this planet it
would certainly prevent a lot of, let's say "unnecessary" questions,
now wouldn't it?

Well, I don't really feel strongly about all this, but it seems to me that for end user problem solving purposes, http://www.google.com/firfox would be more useful, with perhaps a bookmark to the fedora-list archives and the release notes preinstalled. And perhaps remove the numerous and confusing bookmarks that direct the user to all the different and various ways to spend money with RedHat. ;-)

-Steve