Re: F34 Change proposal: Debug Info LLDB Index (System-Wide change)

On 9/30/20 2:56 AM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 02:00:52 +0200, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
On Tue, 2020-09-29 at 16:29 -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/DebugInfoLldbIndex
Currently the change will affect only packages using:
  %global toolchain clang
Those are currently only these packages being built by clang and
using
this %toolchain framework: dotnet3.1 libcxxabi mtxclient nheko simde
wine

FIXME: Which other Fedora packages are being built by clang?

Should this be mentioned as part of some packaging guidelines?
Especially as we expect more packages to use clang in the future.
As long as the .spec file uses
   %global toolchain clang
and the normal configuration variables %__cc %__cxx it all should work out of
the box. Unfortunately for example for libcxxabi it does not work out of the
box as overrides $CXXFLAGS somehow, I have to debug it.

Yea.  There's a variety of other packages that need the %toolchain bits, but aren't suffering too badly right now without it.  american-fuzzy-lap, android-tools, clover2, hedgewars, & root are all in that position right now.  There may be others, that's just the set I know about because they're explicitly mucking around with LTO flags rather than getting them right automagically via %toolchain.

Jeff