Re: This is bad, was Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: systemd-resolved

On 9/28/20 6:47 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
Instructions were already posted by Vitaly, so I won't repeat that here.
I'll just note that the scriptlet in systemd.rpm looks for
'Generated by NetworkManager' in /etc/resolv.conf as an indicator that
the file is autogenerated.

Which is a terrible idea, as has been previously mentioned.  It really
only indicates that the file was once touched my NetworkManager, not
that it is currently managed.

If often let Anaconda set up a new system witha  NetworkManager-managed
DHCP and then convert to a legacy network scripts-managed static IP
later.  This doesn't change the DNS server or domain, so I don't bother
editing resolv.conf to remove this comment.  I'm relatively certain that
this is a common pattern.