Re: pagure pull-request email workflow

On 22/07/2020 15:59, Mark Wielaard wrote:

That is not how I understand the current situation. CPE has a proposal
to provide a forge for use by the fedora project possibly based on
gitlab, but pagure wouldn't go away.

I think you may be behind the times. The pretend consultation is over
and the decision is made.

As I understand it both paguure instances (src.fpo and pagure.io) will
be replaced but I might be wrong. Certainly src.fpo will be.

                               They are currently investigating
if they could provide such a gitlab forge in a way that would be
acceptable to the fedora project, which means self-hosted and based on
the free software edition.

I believe they're still pretending to investigate that but it seems
clear the community edition doesn't have the features needed - the
exact features that the "consultation" decided only gitlab could
provide.

                                   Meanwhile, if they would
offer such a forge and it would replace our use of pagure then they
would be on the hook for providing integration with the tools fedora
uses for packaging workflows. Given that the pagure api is public and
open it seems fine to use it for more integration right now.

I don't imagine they will interpret that hook as extending to
implementing the pagure API for your custom scripts ;-)

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/