Re: pagure pull-request email workflow

On 21/07/2020 13:12, Mark Wielaard wrote:

I normally just edit .git/config and add to the origin remote
an extra fetch:

fetch = +refs/pull/*/head:refs/remotes/origin/pull/*

then after fetching you can merge origin/pull/NNN.

But this is very helpful! Thanks.

So with that I can easily do checks, adjustments, create my own
commits, do cherry-picks or merges, etc. But how does it interact with
the website? How do I sent comments? I see it comes with a mini-CI koji
run, does it add a tag to the commit as tested when it succeeds/fails?
How do I indicate which changes I made/pushed or which changes I would
like the submitter to make? How do I discard a pull if I determine it
isn't useful? etc.

You use the web site as far as I know.

Unlike github it doesn't even notice when you push a merge so
you still have to close the PR on the web site as well.

And if I wish to create a pagure pull request myself, do I simply push
to pull/NNN? How do I determine which NNN to use?

Well you push to a branch on your fork but then you have to
use the web site to open the PR I think.

I mean there is a pagure API through which you can likely do
all these things but AFAIK there is no CLI interface for it so
you have to hit it with curl or something ;-)

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/