Re: fedora-minimal container and registry negative feedback

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 09:22:45AM +0000, Dridi Boukelmoune wrote:
The tag page for fedora-minimal seems to be working https://registry.fedoraproject.org/repo/fedora-minimal/tags/. Do you have a link of the page that is blank ?

I get a blank page for this one as well (and for all the other tag
pages).

This used to work though, and there hasn't been any changes in the reg
package.

Could anyone take a look in the `reg server` logs and also check if the
static content has been generated?

That's the very link from which I get a blank page, and Firefox
reports an empty resource (^U to view source).

The developer console on the other hand gives me the following warning:

The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The
document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations
if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range.
The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document
or in the transfer protocol.

Which is logical since the content-type header doesn't give a charset and
the response body is empty.

Trying with curl -v I see the following response:

< HTTP/2 200
< date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 09:18:47 GMT
< server: Apache
< strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains; preload
< x-frame-options: SAMEORIGIN
< x-xss-protection: 1; mode=block
< x-content-type-options: nosniff
< referrer-policy: same-origin
< last-modified: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 08:25:07 GMT
< etag: "0-5a948e9b307cf"
< accept-ranges: bytes
< content-length: 0
< apptime: D=193
< x-fedora-proxyserver: proxy10.iad2.fedoraproject.org
< x-fedora-requestid: XvsDdwgZ9DOnVuTIdll6NQAAAAE
< content-type: text/html

Note the explicit zero content length.

HTH,
Dridi