Re: Packagers with no corresponding valid bugzilla accounts

On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 10:38:01AM -0700, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> On Tue, 2020-07-07 at 10:30 +0200, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:

> > >  From a quick look to that list, there are some users that have no
> > > package assigned... I wonder if the unresponsive maintainer
> > > process
> > > implies the user to be removed from the packager group when their
> > > packages get orphaned and the user has no more any package
> > > associated to
> > > their account.
> >
> > The source of info is:
> > https://src.fedoraproject.org/extras/pagure_bz.json
> > which includes people that are packagers as well as people who are
> > watching the
> > packages (ie who asked to be included in the CC list on bugzilla).
> >

> Should we make the script more robust and ignore invalid watcher
> emails? Seems worrying if someone who's not even a packager can block
> packager changes from being reflected in Bugzilla.

As you can see in this JSON there is no difference between maintainers and
watchers, so the script syncing to bugzilla does not have this information.
I think that asking FESCo for a policy on how to deal with this + an automated
way to detect this situation (which we didn't really have so far) may be
sufficient. However, if this situation happens too frequently, and leads to too
much manual work to clean things up, we may need to see about somehow adding
this information to the JSON file and teaching the script the difference.
It would increase the load on bugzilla though :(

Pierre