Re: The future of legacy BIOS support in Fedora.

On 5.7.2020 18:34, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote:
On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 6:27 PM Lennart Poettering <mzerqung@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

Please submit additions to the spec as PRs to systemd github. We added
a number of new keys in the past that sd-boot itself doesn't make use
of (devicetree and such), and we'd be delighted to add more if they
make sense and that helps.

Thanks. I'll discuss this with the rest of the bootloader folks and
think how the spec could be extended to cover the remaining cases
where variable expansion is still used for GRUB. The new keys could be
generic and even benefit other bootloaders if they implement these
features at some point (e.g: boot entries protection).

Since you are in contact with and thus presumably you are one of the "bootloader folks" could you clarify who those individual are and what role they play and which bootloaders they represent in the distribution and on which arch etc. and where they can be contacted ( mailinglist ) since I don't find any documentation about any bootloader WG existing within Fedora yet such a team seems to exist since it's being mentioned.

JBG