Re: User experience issue on btrfs

> I don't want to give the impression that nodatacow (chattr +C) is what
> apps should be doing "to be fast on btrfs". It might be that they can
> reduce their fsync footprint. Or the problem might be lock contention
> related, and an easy optimization for a heavy metadata writing apps
> would be for this app to create+use their own subvolume for their data
> files, rather than a directory - and now they get their own btree.

Do we know what use cases are expected to not be transparent if run on top of btrfs?
e.g. Will F33 users that run virtual machines and/or databases be expected to manually change settings in order to avoid performance degradation?

Also do we know roughly how much of a performance hit those users will experience if they do not make any changes?