Bundled compiler conundrum

Hi,

Wine has soft-dependencies on two additional pieces of software to provide a "full" experience.

* wine-gecko - Gecko web browser engine for Wine
* wine-mono - .NET for Wine

I package both for Wine. They're typically updated at most a couple times per year. Usually the updates bring with them problems that require major time to fix. A FTBFS for wine-gecko took about two years to fix, but that was an extreme case. Both packages use the MinGW (GCC-based) toolchain to compile and we're lucky enough to also carry that toolchain in Fedora. We may be the only distro to compile from source as other distros carry the binary that upstream provides.

The bi-weekly Wine update last week brought with it a minor version (5.0.0->5.1.0) wine-mono update. The update itself is not minor. The tarball is now bundling a Clang LLVM-based MinGW toolchain in binary form that is also required to compile the package. My first effort at stripping it out to use our Fedora MinGW toolchain doesn't work with the Clang style CFLAGS they have switched to. Before I spend more time de-bundling:

I know bundled libraries are allowed, but what about bundled compilers?

I have not talked to upstream (Wine) on this change yet. I don't believe upstream Mono, that Wine bases this code on, requires Clang.

Thanks,
Michael