Re: RHEL 9 and modularity

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 03:36:30PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 1:27 PM Miro Hrončok <mhroncok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On 18. 06. 20 21:22, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > > The introduction
> > > of default module streams was a direct result of wanting to help
> > > customers that are used to running 'yum install mariadb' still be able
> > > to do that.
> >
> > Hello Josh.
> >
> > I'd like to ask whether RHEL 9 has decided for default modular streams despite
> > their failure in Fedora, whether this decision is final and what was the
> > reasoning behind it.

Hi Josh, Miro,

I think there has been a misunderstanding. I'm pretty sure Miro's
question is about "default modules" not "default streams"
(i.e. "modules enabled by default" vs. "the stream of a module to use
when a different one is not explicitly selected").
Default streams are not subject of much discussion. There is no plan
to limit them either in Fedora or ELN. But from your reply it is not
clear which of those you have in mind. Let's please clarify what we're
talking about first...

Zbyszek