Re: RHEL 9 and modularity

On 18. 06. 20 21:22, Josh Boyer wrote:
The introduction
of default module streams was a direct result of wanting to help
customers that are used to running 'yum install mariadb' still be able
to do that.

Hello Josh.

I'd like to ask whether RHEL 9 has decided for default modular streams despite their failure in Fedora, whether this decision is final and what was the reasoning behind it.

When discussing default modular streams in ELN, we have heard that ELN needs default streams because RHEL 9 needs them. I would like to know if this information is something that comes from RHEL leadership directly or whether it is a personal option of the people who said such things.

Thanks,
--
Miro Hrončok