Re: Fedora 33 System-Wide Change proposal: CMake to do out-of-source builds

Dan Čermák wrote:
> Or you use the new %cmake macro only in the f32, epel8 and master
> branch and leave the other branches as they are?

That requires maintaining the branches separately and not fast-forwarding
them, but fast-forwarding is the most convenient way to maintain several
leaf packages.

We have had the discussion of whether to maintain separate specfiles on
separate branches or use conditionals many times. Both are allowed, and
different maintainers have different preferences. So trying to force
maintainers to do things one way rather than the other is not going to fly.

So I think pointing out that a specfile "simplification" can actually be a
complication in the presence of conditionals is a valid point, and "don't do
that then" is not a satisfactory answer.

        Kevin Kofler