Re: subtle issue with systemd, dnf 'greedy' obsoletes behaviour, and multiple repos

Igor Raits wrote:
> On Fri, 2020-06-05 at 08:38 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> The correct solution is to actually fix DNF. It MUST NOT take
>> Obsoletes from
>> outdated versions of packages (i.e., when there is a newer version in
>> the
>> repository which removes the Obsoletes) into account.
>
> https://github.com/openSUSE/libsolv/issues/146

That is actually the other issue, that splitting should be possible, which
seems to be somehow partially fixed judging from Adam Williamson's tests.
Not sure when and how though, given that libsolv upstream had refused to act
on my report (see the comment history).

I think the one about Obsoletes from outdated versions of packages is not
filed at upstream libsolv yet, only downstream against DNF, and DNF probably
cannot fix it without support from libsolv. But unfortunately, given the
reaction to my issue 146, I doubt libsolv upstream will handle this any
better if I file it there.

        Kevin Kofler