Re: How to convert from GRUB to systemd-boot?

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 3:24 PM Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When it reboots, it skips the Fedora/GRUB loader and just shows Windows Boot Manager and "Firmware Setup".

This is the behavior before making any modifications following installation?

If so, then it's confuseled. I'd just use the built-in boot manager if
you can get to it.

Well, either way I'm stuck. The build in boot loader won't even show other boot options. sd-boot can, but then I have to merge /boot and /boot/efi into one partition so it can get to the kernel. That actually worked, but it's too fragile since the logic for kernel updates depends on specific directories/packages being present (mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't understand the details yet).

Ideally I could use plain sd-boot, where gpt-auto-root works, but it doesn't find root even when it's on the same disk like it's supposed to. It just times out and drops me into the emergency shell.

The guess from the slack tech chat I'm in suggests maybe only the primary MS cert was included on the device so it doesn't work with Fedora's key.

Thanks,
Richard