Update on Rough Draft Implementation of KangarooTwelve

Dear Fedora Development Community,

Hello Fedora Community!

As I mentioned in my previous email I was working on an implementation of KangarooTwelve, a cryptographic hash function made by the same creators of the SHA-3 hash function. The implementation guidelines are currently a rough draft featured at: https://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-irtf-cfrg-kangarootwelve-02.pdf

I promised a rough draft implementation of Kangaroo Twelve by June 1, 2020.

The GitHub Link for my most up to date rough draft implementation of KangarooTwelve is currently at https://github.com/fosres/kangarootwelve

The rough draft implementation is in the file k12.c.

At this point, I am working on adding support for numbers as large as 2^255 as required by the length_encode function detailed on page 9 of the RFC.

The C Programming Language does not support large numbers greater than 2^63-1 as Java does.

So I am working on making a small library for supporting numbers larger than the constant mentioned above by storing the large number in an array.

What also is left is thoroughly testing the implementation with Test Vectors.

Please let me know what other comments you have to say about my implementation.

I thank you for any responses you send back to me.

I set a deadline for myself to have both of these issues fixed by June 16, 2020.
Sincerely,

Tanveer Salim

--
 Securely sent with Tutanota. Get your own encrypted, ad-free mailbox:
 https://tutanota.com

May 23, 2020, 22:48 by tsalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx: