Re: Aggressive updating (Python 3.9): Are we trying to hard?

Orion Poplawski wrote:
> I guess my hope here is that perhaps we allow build failures hold up
> finishing the rest of a stack's build a bit longer.  Let that pressure
> build to hopefully get some more eyes on really fixing the underlying
> issues.

I am of that mindset too.

Unfortunately, these days, the "Rawhide must be usable at all times" faction
has the say (and the tooling is set up that way, too, e.g., any broken
dependency in any release-blocking deliverable will fail the entire Rawhide
compose, even if we are not anywhere near a release). So just leaving a
package broken for a couple weeks until it can be fixed *properly* is not
currently doable, unfortunately. I still think it is the right thing to do
though.

"Temporary" workarounds tend to become permanent, either because people
simply forget to turn them off or because the proper fix is not ready in
time for the release.

        Kevin Kofler