Re: Re-Launching the Java SIG

On 5/18/20 9:14 AM, Fabio Valentini wrote:
On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 3:34 PM Ty Young <youngty1997@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/18/20 7:35 AM, Nicolas Mailhot via devel wrote:
My software didn't magically break just for Fedora because of some bug
in my software. It broke because Fedora decided they wanted to do
something nearly no Linux distro does... something that has been the
defacto standard for many years.
those comments are just spreading FUD without adding anything
worthwhile to the discussion.
Please, either provide those details - so we can do better in the
future - or stop.

Fair enough.

The application was an Nvidia GPU overclocking utility written in Java. When Fedora decided to disable running X. Org as root, it resulted in the application no longer being able to adjust GPU/Memory clocks, among possible other things. The software worked perfectly fine on the latest versions of Ubuntu and Arch(and still does), but not Fedora simply because of this.

Thanks,
Fabio